Splunk Dev

Wildcard with Notequal condition

renuka
Path Finder

Hello

I am trying to extract count of the data by excluding some values which are not equal and some are equal in particular filed

My query

index=platform source=`ProjectArea` |join type=inner ProjectAreaID max=0 [search index=`platform` source=`RequirementModules` |fillnull value="Not Defined"|search Owner!="Tool" |join type=inner ModuleID max=0 [search index=`platform` source=`SoftwareRequirements` `ReqID_URL_Rename`|rename Owner as ReqOwner ]]|search `Software_ModuleType` `SoftwareRequirementType` |fillnull value="Not Defined"|dedup LinkStart_URL|search ModuleID="*" Status="*" Owner="*" | join type=inner LinkStart_URL max=0 [search index=`platform` source=Sw_Satisfaction`|rename LinkEnd_URL as SysURL]|join type=inner SysURL max=0 [search index=`platform` source=`SystemRequirements` `ReqID_URL_Rename` |rename LinkStart_URL as SysURL] |search ModuleName!="A*" AND ModuleName="*_ext" |stats count by ModuleName 

Output  comes zero when i give  (ModuleName!="A*" AND ModuleName="*_ext") this condition

My output contains A* values,V* and A*_ext  i want to exculde only A* values

Please help with this

Thank You in advance

Renuka

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Instead of search, can you use regex?

| regex ModuleName="^[^A].*_ext$"
0 Karma

renuka
Path Finder

Thanks for reply I will try @ITWhisperer 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...