Splunk Dev

Which one is best to do monitoring in Mongodb for one specific file in real-time format.

saibal6
Path Finder

I have found one apps, which is MongoDB Monitoring : https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/2957/#/details and
also found an add-on, which is Hunk App for MongoDB : https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/1810/#/details.

So, my concern is which one is the best for monitoring a specific file in real-time from Mongodb in Splunk instance ?

I also don't know what are the pre-requisite have to perfom or have to installed in my machine so that those add-on/apps will working properly.

Please give me the clear view of that and explain it why it is best as per my concern?

Please attach the sufficient link if you have

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

rdagan_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The above two applications do different things. The first one was designed to monitor the health of MongoDB. The Hunk app was designed to retrieve date from within the database.
Are you asking about monitoring the health of MongoDB or getting data from within the database?

View solution in original post

rdagan_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The above two applications do different things. The first one was designed to monitor the health of MongoDB. The Hunk app was designed to retrieve date from within the database.
Are you asking about monitoring the health of MongoDB or getting data from within the database?

saibal6
Path Finder

Hi @rdagan,

I got my answer. I want to getting data from within the database.
So , as far I understand from your above mentioned answer that I should use Hunk app for this purpose.

Thanks @rdagan_splunk 🙂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...