Splunk Dev

TypeError: TableView.BaseRowExpansionRenderer is undefined

SumanthS
Explorer

Hi ,

On running the example from Splunk documentation on customrenderers, I get the error "TypeError: TableView.BaseRowExpansionRenderer is undefined" on my browser console and the custom row expansion bit doesn't work . I am running the example as is and was expecting it to work. Am I missing out on anything ?

Regards,
Sumant

Tags (1)

devicenul1
Path Finder

Strange below is my response from Splunk regarding versions that this is not working in

I can definitively say that the code you have here works fine in Splunk 6.0.4 (build 207768).

And fails in Splunk 6.1.1 (build 207789). 

So I'm guessing this problem just comes around here and there. As I've tested in 6.0 (don't remember change version) and 6.1.1

0 Karma

SumanthS
Explorer

Apologies for the delayed response . Thanks and that's good to know that Splunk folks are on it .I got around it by upgrading the version from 6.0 to 6.1 .

0 Karma

Arun_N_007
Communicator

This BaseRowExpansionRenderer code is not present in >=Splunk 6.03. You can check tableview code it is not implemented.

0 Karma

SumanthS
Explorer

Yes , I realized that and upgraded to 6.1 and dont have the problem there . Thanks .

0 Karma

devicenul1
Path Finder

Almost forgot to update this, I created a case for this issue and it is a confirmed bug. I've been working through the process this week but still have no ETA from Splunk on fix.

0 Karma

devicenul1
Path Finder

Experiencing the Exact same issue ... were you able to get it resolved? I'm using the code straight from the example, the documentation doesn't list BaseRowExpansionRenderer at all.

Example code:http://dev.splunk.com/view/webframework-codeexamples/SP-CAAAEVM

my code: http://pastebin.com/8Ypy0tTe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...