Splunk Dev

How fix check that Splunk SDK for Python is up-to-date in AppInspect?

Shukran
Explorer

Hello,

I have inherited the maintenance for an app and it has a couple of errors that need to be fixed.
I have fixed all the others except the one mentioned here.

category: app_cert_validation
description: Check that Splunk SDK for Python is up-to-date.
ext_data: ([+]
message_id: 7004
"message":
"Detected an outdated version of the Splunk SDK for Python (1.6.6). Please upgrade to
version 1.6.16 or later.
File: bin/.../aob_py2/solnlib/packages/splunklib/binding.py",
"message_filename"
"bin/.../aob_py2/solnlib/packages/splunklib/binding.py","message_line":null),("result":"failure"
"message"
"Detected an outdated version of the Splunk SDK for Python (1.6.6). Please upgrade to version 1.6.16 or later. File:
bin/.../aob_py2/splunklib/binding.py"
"message_filename"
"bin/.../aob_py2/splunklib/binding.py',
"message_line": null}

A couple more files have the same error. It looks like all are Add-on Builder files and i am not sure how to fix this. Also, I cannot import the add-on in Splunk Add-on Builder as i dont have an original extracted version.

Labels (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You should be able to download the SDK from https://pypi.org/project/splunk-sdk/ and then copy the splunklib directory to your app's bin directory.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You should be able to download the SDK from https://pypi.org/project/splunk-sdk/ and then copy the splunklib directory to your app's bin directory.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...