Splunk Dev

Are baseline configurations posted online?

adamsmith47
Communicator

We had Splunk professional services or a few weeks ago to assist with standing up a new deployment. At the start of the week, they provided a collection of apps, a "baseline configuration", to be customized and distributed to the proper areas throughout our environment.

Are these baseline configurations available to download somewhere?

0 Karma

cmerriman
Super Champion

If your PS was telling you to install apps, I’m sure it was in reference to those available at splunkbase.splunk.com which houses all sorts of apps that both Splunk and individuals have created.

adamsmith47
Communicator

No.

It was a collection of app folders which any installation could start with, customize, then distribute to the appropriate instances.

Examples:
_search_base would be deployed to all search heads, to config things like search peers.

_auth_base would be deployed to all instances to config things like LDAP settings.

I'm looking for this collection of apps, before they're customized. They have names like _search_base, _cluster_master_base,_multisite_base, etc... with replaced with your own organization label.

I can reach out to my PS guy if I have to. I just figured these packages were available somewhere.

Thanks.

0 Karma

adamsmith47
Communicator

Reposting my last post, 'cause some characters disappeared...

No.

It was a collection of app folders
which any installation could start
with, customize, then distribute to
the appropriate instances.

Examples:
ORG_search_base would be deployed to all search heads, to config things like
search peers.

ORG_auth_base would be deployed to all instances to config things like LDAP
settings.

I'm looking for this collection of
apps, before they're customized. They
have names like ORG_search_base,
ORG_cluster_master_base,ORG_multisite_base, etc... with ORG replaced with your own
organization label.

I can reach out to my PS guy if I have
to. I just figured these packages were
available somewhere.

Thanks.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...