All Apps and Add-ons

what snmp command are running from snmp_ta ?

pgadhari
Builder

What snmp command is being run when we configure the snmp input in inputs.conf of snmp_ta ? I can see there is a python script in bin directory of the TA, but I don't see which snmp command is running in the back-end to get the value from particular oid ? I am trying to run below command manually from linux command line :

snmpwalk or snmpbulkwalk -v2c -c community_string IP oid

but not getting any response, but when I configure the community string, IP and oid in the snmp_ta inputs file and when the script runs, it is showing the value. Not sure what snmp command is being run in the /opt/splunk/etc/apps/snmp_ta/bin/snmp.py script ? Please help ?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...