All Apps and Add-ons

splunk addon for aws does not list s3 buckets

charry
Engager

I have configured my aws logging account with splunk. The logging account has a centralized s3 bucket for cloudtrail logs collection from all aws accounts in the organization. while i'm able to create a 'description' input and it shows the s3 buckets in the account, splunk does not detect any s3 buckets in the account when i try to configure a new input for either cloudtrail or custom-data with Generic S3 or Incremental S3. i've verified that my IAM user/role and bucket policies are correct by using the same user/role on aws cli to list buckets/objects etc. any suggestions please?

Tags (1)

jordanking1992
Path Finder

I am facing the same issue. Any solution?

0 Karma

jawaharas
Motivator

This should be due to Account permission issue in AWS. Regarding AWS account, are you Key ID/ Secret Key or Role-based access?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...