All Apps and Add-ons

db connect does not load my data

Lynda_Sadi1275
Path Finder

Hello,
I connected my Oracle database with Splunk using db connect, but it does not recover the data.
Someone can help me please.

0 Karma

kmaron
Motivator

Are you running queries against your database? Connecting the database just allows you to then run queries against it and put the results of those queries into Splunk.

0 Karma

Lynda_Sadi1275
Path Finder

If I understand correctly you want to tell me that I can not perform SPL requests on this data??
for example, I run this query to see if it has recovered the data from Oracle but it shows me that type CSV returned sourcetype=*|stats count by sourcetype as shown in the following figure.alt text

0 Karma

MikaJustasACN
Path Finder

Did you actually ran the SQL query first to store the data in an index or trying to run searches in database using SPL?

0 Karma

Lynda_Sadi1275
Path Finder

I'm trying to run SPL queries on this data, I'm trying to put find event, but no event is found

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...