All Apps and Add-ons

Why is the dataset add on not updated since 2 years?

lekanneer
Loves-to-Learn Lots

I'm trying to understand the dataset add on. Is this something I can tell customers about and make them enthusiastic? But why then is this add on still on version 1.0 and not updated since 2 years? In my opinion this add on can be used by managers or business people or people used to work with BI tooling. I think it is powerful, but I do hesitate to be to eager to broadcast this nice add on as I do not know how long this add on will keep working or how strategic this thing is. To me it looks like Splunk has taken a step into business scene but has made another choice.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

jacobstark_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Lekanneer, we are currently exploring updates to the add-on. Would you be willing to speak with me on that? If so, my email is jacobstark@splunk.com.

Thank you for your feedback!

0 Karma

cburke_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi lekanneer,

The first version of the Datasets Add-On is distinctive from other Add-Ons because it simply enables functionality that ships with Splunk Enterprise. Because the Datasets Add-On does not need to be upgraded, the version has never changed. As Splunk Enterprise has been updated, the functionality of the Table Editor has been upgraded and maintained with bug fixes as part of the Enterprise release.

I hope this helps!

Cory

0 Karma

lekanneer
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Thanks this is really a helpful answer. This wasn't clear from the description on splunkbase.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...