All Apps and Add-ons

Why are some domains not parsed properly in the URL Parser?

mstarks
Engager

Some domains include the domain with the tld, and the subdomain with the domain. Examples include:

weddingdayhives.blogspot.com
culinary-adventures-with-cam.blogspot.com.au
glowing-fire-7414.firebaseapp.com

Anyone else?

0 Karma
1 Solution

mstarks
Engager

I think this is due to a misunderstanding of the way urlparser uses lists. By default, the Mozilla list is used, which includes domains like firebaseapp.com. This is not an IANA TLD, but a Mozilla Public Suffix List TLD, hence my confusion. To use IANA root domains, just pass it to the listname parameter (i.e. listname="iana"). It really all depends on your use case.

View solution in original post

mstarks
Engager

I think this is due to a misunderstanding of the way urlparser uses lists. By default, the Mozilla list is used, which includes domains like firebaseapp.com. This is not an IANA TLD, but a Mozilla Public Suffix List TLD, hence my confusion. To use IANA root domains, just pass it to the listname parameter (i.e. listname="iana"). It really all depends on your use case.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...