All Apps and Add-ons

Why am I getting an error when I try to validate an app in the Splunk Add-on Builder?

sawgata12345
Path Finder

Hi,
I created a Splunk Add-on and the extra bash and python files which I added to bin directory of the app directory is working fine when I run the Addon(Its collecting data and uploading to splunk nicely) but while i am trying to package and validate its throwing error:
"splunk there was a problem connecting to app certification service. the service might not be available at this time or you might need to verify your proxy settings"

I have the local splunk credentials admin/changeme.
Where is splunk looking for the validation ? should I provide some other credentials? is there any online service for app verification?

0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes, it is trying to reach an online service to validate your app. However, Splunk has discontinued the app certification service. You can ignore the error.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes, it is trying to reach an online service to validate your app. However, Splunk has discontinued the app certification service. You can ignore the error.

---
0 Karma

sawgata12345
Path Finder

Oh,
so you mean even now I can download and share the Addon it should work fine in a splunk in a different location. This error won't make the Addon malfunction If i share it to other users?

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Apps do not have to be certified to be shared. Your app will not display that error.

---
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...