All Apps and Add-ons

Why Aws Addon Throwing Stack Trace Error

tkw03
Communicator

Hello everyone

Anyone happen to know why when configuring the account on the AWS Addon I get this stack trace error:

09-10-2020 12:04:33.220 -0400 ERROR AdminManagerExternal - Stack trace from python handler:\nTraceback (most recent call last):\n  File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.7/site-packages/splunk/admin.py", line 88, in init_persistent\n    hand = handler(mode, ctxInfo, data)\n  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_aws/bin/aws_cloudwatch_inputs_rh.py", line 33, in __init__\n    **kwargs\n  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_aws/bin/base_input_rh.py", line 46, in __init__\n    self._service = LocalServiceManager(app=tac.splunk_ta_aws, session_key=self.getSessionKey()).get_local_service()\n  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_aws/bin/splunk_ta_aws/common/local_manager.py", line 14, in __init__\n    splunkd_host_port = self._get_entity(CONF_WEB, 'settings').get('mgmtHostPort', '127.0.0.1:8089')\n  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_aws/bin/splunk_ta_aws/common/local_manager.py", line 29, in _get_entity\n    return entity.getEntity(path, name, sessionKey=self._session_key, namespace=self._app, owner=self._owner)\n  File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.7/site-packages/splunk/entity.py", line 265, in getEntity\n    serverResponse, serverContent = rest.simpleRequest(uri, getargs=kwargs, sessionKey=sessionKey, raiseAllErrors=True)\n  File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.7/site-packages/splunk/rest/__init__.py", line 487, in simpleRequest\n    import httplib2\n  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_aws/bin/3rdparty/python3/httplib2/__init__.py", line 475\n    print("%s:" % h, end=" ", file=self._fp)\n                        ^\nSyntaxError: invalid syntax\n

Thanks for the help

Labels (3)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
You're trying to run a Python3 program under Python 2.7.
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

tkw03
Communicator

My apologies, I thought 4.6.1 was the python2 compatible version of the app, it says it is:
awsCompat.PNG

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Traceback (most recent call last):\n File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.7/site-packages/splunk/admin.py", line 88, in init_persistent

File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_aws/bin/3rdparty/python3/httplib2/__init__.py", line 475\n print("%s:" % h, end=" ", file=self._fp)

The first and last lines of the traceback show two different versions of Python are being used.  I suggest opening a support ticket with Splunk.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...