All Apps and Add-ons

Where do I install the FireEye Add-on for Splunk Enterprise?

gerald_contrera
Path Finder

Hi all,

We currently have
4- indexer peers
1- heavy forwarder which forwards FireEye logs (which syslog to a folder and is monitored by HF) to splunk.
- FireEye EX and soon NX

I have installed the FireEye-App on the search heads, and currently have the Add-on/TA on the heavy forwarder.
Can anyone confirm if i have to install the add-on/TA on the indexers also?

Any help would be great, there is a lot of doco on the FireEye App, but not much on the Add-on/TA.

We are currently getting some basic data in the App. But i would have expected more?

Thanks in advance

0 Karma
1 Solution

gerald_contrera
Path Finder

Answered my own.
Looks like I had to make sure I was using the right source type for this to work.

Used custom folder monitor syslog events ensuring to use fe sourcetype. Installed app on SH.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

gerald_contrera
Path Finder

Answered my own.
Looks like I had to make sure I was using the right source type for this to work.

Used custom folder monitor syslog events ensuring to use fe sourcetype. Installed app on SH.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...