All Apps and Add-ons

Using the Add-on for LDAP to perform an e-directory LDAP lookup based on user id, how do I connect to LDAP using anonymous bind?

Sriram
Communicator

Hello,

I am trying to use this app to perform an e-directory ldap lookup based on user id. If I want to connect to ldap using anonymous bind, how do I do that? LDAP.conf file has no such provision. Any help is appreciated.

0 Karma
1 Solution

MuS
Legend

Hi Sriram,

Take a look at the ldap.conf in the default directory. In the first stanza you will find the option password = 0 this is used to set anonymous bind. I will update the set up instruction / documentation of the app.

Hope this helps ...

cheers, MuS

View solution in original post

0 Karma

MuS
Legend

Hi Sriram,

Take a look at the ldap.conf in the default directory. In the first stanza you will find the option password = 0 this is used to set anonymous bind. I will update the set up instruction / documentation of the app.

Hope this helps ...

cheers, MuS

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...