All Apps and Add-ons

URL Toolbox: What is the most efficient way to map URLs with IPs to meaningful names to graph on a time chart?

caradoc

Using URL Toolbox to parse out ut_domain for varying levels of analysis - I've come up with a couple of different ways to map ut_domain to some meaningful name instead of winding up with a timechart of eight IP addresses all graphed separately with a few additional entries (google.com, apple.com, etc.), but I'm at a loss as to the most efficient way to do it. Making individual DNS queries for each unqualified IP in ut_domain is not very efficient. Placing a table of "if this is the IP in ut_domain, use this string instead for ut_domain" seems to work, but I have to think there's a better way.

Thoughts?

0 Karma

janderson19
Path Finder

You could put those IPs and their names into a lookup table. I personally don't know much about lookups buy you could try it

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.4.1/SearchReference/Lookup

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...