All Apps and Add-ons

Status Indicator - Is there anyway to output trellis vertically?

kwestlake
Engager

Hi All

I've been putting together a demo-dashboard as part of a blog-post I'm writing, showing how to use Elastic Beat (Heatbeat and Metricbeat) agents with Splunk.  Currently this shows how many apps are up/down, how many VMs are up/down etc,  this main relies upon the Status Indicator viz.

But I'm wondering, if anybody could assist with some styling. By default Status Indicator outputs as follows:

Default styleDefault style

I'm looking to present it stacked, like this:

Is this possible?Is this possible?

This is was butchered together using paint, but hopefully it gives the idea. I'd have several of these in a row (Apps, VM's, Network Interfaces, APs etc).

The dashboard viz code is as follows:

<viz id="app_panel" type="status_indicator_app.status_indicator">
        <title>APPLICATIONS:</title>
        <search>
          <query>`beats_http_icmp_macro`
| where monitor_tags in ("app", "media")

| stats latest(monitor_name) as name 
        latest(monitor_status) as status 
		BY monitor_name, monitor_type

| stats count(name) as "   UP"
        sum(eval(if(status=="down",1,0))) as    " DOWN"

| eval fn = "value"
| transpose column_name="category" header_field=fn

| eval color = if(category=="   UP", "#006d9c", "#dc4e41")
| eval icon = if(category=="   UP", "cloud", "times-circle")
| sort category
| stats last(value) as value  last(icon) as icon last(color) as color by category</query>
          <earliest>$time_field.earliest$</earliest>
          <latest>$time_field.latest$</latest>
          <sampleRatio>1</sampleRatio>
        </search>
        <option name="drilldown">none</option>
        <option name="height">144</option>
        <option name="refresh.display">progressbar</option>
        <option name="status_indicator_app.status_indicator.colorBy">field_value</option>
        <option name="status_indicator_app.status_indicator.fillTarget">text</option>
        <option name="status_indicator_app.status_indicator.fixIcon">cloud</option>
        <option name="status_indicator_app.status_indicator.icon">field_value</option>
        <option name="status_indicator_app.status_indicator.precision">0</option>
        <option name="status_indicator_app.status_indicator.showOption">1</option>
        <option name="status_indicator_app.status_indicator.staticColor">#555</option>
        <option name="status_indicator_app.status_indicator.useColors">true</option>
        <option name="status_indicator_app.status_indicator.useThousandSeparator">true</option>
        <option name="trellis.enabled">1</option>
        <option name="trellis.scales.shared">1</option>
        <option name="trellis.size">small</option>
        <option name="trellis.splitBy">category</option>
      </viz>

Many Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...