All Apps and Add-ons

SplunkIt 3.2 with Splunk 6.2 data generation & index testing went well, but why am I getting zero hits with a test search?

kalyanigm24
Engager

I am using splunkit 3.2 in Splunk 6.2 environment. data generation & index testing went on well but running in to issue with search test. Zero search hits.
First thing I would like to know is splunkit 3.2 compatible with splunk 6.2. If yes, did anybody run in to this issue?

1 Solution

esix_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

SplunkIT3.2 is currently not working with Splunk 6.2. Hopefully a release will be out soon...

View solution in original post

richasharma3
Engager

I am facing the same issue with Splunk 6.6 and splunkit 3.2

0 Karma

esix_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

SplunkIT3.2 is currently not working with Splunk 6.2. Hopefully a release will be out soon...

ahartge
Path Finder

The workaround I did was to run 6.1.8 for testing with SplunkIT

There is potentially a Splunk Aptitude Challenge app that may fit the bill, but I havent investigated further than just seeing it: http://challengepost.com/software/gladiator-osvf97

0 Karma

guitar2002

Hi, How did you fix the search testing?

0 Karma

ahartge
Path Finder

arrrrggghhhh - if only I had seen this days ago .......

I have been scratching my head why its not working for me. SplunkIT 3.2 on Splunk 6.2.3 works as above. The generation & indexing runs fine - but no win for the searching.

The search script kicks off, it launches the firefox window to the login prompt of my splunk-server then nothing .......

Screenshot here: http://imgur.com/U8fwER6

Is there a release on the horizon that supports both 6.2 and distributed deployment testing ?

0 Karma

bfernandez
Communicator

Any news about the release of the new version?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...