All Apps and Add-ons

SplunkApp for VMware v3.3.2...No Perf data...??

prakash007
Builder

We have upgraded Splunk app for VMware v3.3.2, when we launch the app, it says no data for perf, i did see the data when i search it by sourcetype=vmware:perf*

We have 4DCns pointing to a single vCenter.....i see this error log when i search for DCns internal logs...

2017-04-18 10:20:43,863 ERROR [ta_vmware_collection_worker://beta:8453] [getJob] job=job_ed017b23245a11e78ba3ecf4bbd1db64 of task=hostvmperf has expired and will not be run

I have also attached the screen shot of the issue...any help would be appreciated. Thanks..!!alt text

0 Karma

ryangrobbel
Explorer

Hi,

If you do a basic search of index=vmware-perf, do you see any events? We had this issue in the past, I believe support had to wipe out the data model and have it rebuilt from scratch.

EDIT: I see that you answered my question. I can provide our support case if you'd like to follow-up with who fixed it.

0 Karma

prakash007
Builder

sure...i appreciate it if you can forward me the details. Thanks..!!

0 Karma

ryangrobbel
Explorer

The case # is 418981. I could not find the resolution details in the ticket on my side but hopefully support can reference it and utilize it!

0 Karma

jihape
Path Finder

Did you get your issue resolved? I have the same issue with one vCenter and would like to know how it got fixed.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...