All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk add-on builder error - v4.0.0

SailPoint_IDPlu
Path Finder

Getting following error when installing Splunk Enterprise v8.2.2 and Splunk Add-on-builder 4.0.0
Any idea what must be going on?

Unable to initialize modular input "validation_mi" defined in the app "splunk_app_addon-builder": Introspecting scheme=validation_mi: script running failed (exited with code 1)..

File Integrity checks found 1 files that did not match the system-provided manifest. Review the list of problems reported by the InstalledFileHashChecker in splunkd.log File Integrity Check View ; potentially restore files from installation media, change practices to a...Learn more.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

Tyler
Explorer

It's likely due to the lxml module. Check out my reply here as I've solved the error: https://community.splunk.com/t5/All-Apps-and-Add-ons/After-installing-Splunk-Add-on-Builder-why-do-I...

0 Karma

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@SailPoint_IDPlu 

For:  Unable to initialize modular input "validation_mi" defined in the app "splunk_app_addon-builder": Introspecting scheme=validation_mi: script running failed (exited with code 1)..

=> Is there any inputs configured ??? If not can you please try by adding sample input and check log again?? 

KV

0 Karma

SailPoint_IDPlu
Path Finder

Hi @kamlesh_vaghela :

I am in the process of upgrading apps to the newest version of JQuery and getting this error immediately as soon as I install add-on builder v4.0.0 on Splunk enterprise v8.2.2
Any help would be appreciated.

0 Karma

SailPoint_IDPlu
Path Finder

@kamlesh_vaghela : Yes there are 3 data inputs configured. 
I do not get error with Splunk Add-on-builder 3.1.1

0 Karma

janderson255
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I have the same issue and here are the associated log entries

index=_* addon-builder validation_mi ERROR

10-27-2021 09:17:47.431 -0400 ERROR ModularInputs [21679 MainThread] - Unable to initialize modular input "validation_mi" defined in the app "splunk_app_addon-builder": Introspecting scheme=validation_mi: script running failed (exited with code 1)..
10-27-2021 09:17:47.430 -0400 ERROR ModularInputs [21679 MainThread] - <stderr> Introspecting scheme=validation_mi: ImportError: cannot import name 'etree' from 'lxml' (/opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_addon-builder/bin/splunk_app_add_on_builder/lxml/__init__.py)
10-27-2021 09:17:47.429 -0400 ERROR ModularInputs [21679 MainThread] - <stderr> Introspecting scheme=validation_mi: File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_addon-builder/bin/splunk_app_add_on_builder/lxml/html/__init__.py", line 53, in <module>
10-27-2021 09:17:47.429 -0400 ERROR ModularInputs [21679 MainThread] - <stderr> Introspecting scheme=validation_mi: File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_addon-builder/bin/tabuilder_utility/data_input_util.py", line 12, in <module>
10-27-2021 09:17:47.428 -0400 ERROR ModularInputs [21679 MainThread] - <stderr> Introspecting scheme=validation_mi: File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_addon-builder/bin/tabuilder_utility/ko_util/sourcetype_util.py", line 5, in <module>
10-27-2021 09:17:47.427 -0400 ERROR ModularInputs [21679 MainThread] - <stderr> Introspecting scheme=validation_mi: File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_addon-builder/bin/tabuilder_utility/ko_util/ko_common_util.py", line 6, in <module>
10-27-2021 09:17:47.427 -0400 ERROR ModularInputs [21679 MainThread] - <stderr> Introspecting scheme=validation_mi: File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_addon-builder/bin/ta_generator/builder_ta_validation.py", line 10, in <module>
10-27-2021 09:17:47.425 -0400 ERROR ModularInputs [21679 MainThread] - <stderr> Introspecting scheme=validation_mi: File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_addon-builder/bin/validation_mi.py", line 10, in <module>
10-27-2021 09:17:47.424 -0400 ERROR ModularInputs [21679 MainThread] - <stderr> Introspecting scheme=validation_mi: ImportError: cannot import name 'etree' from 'lxml' (/opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_addon-builder/bin/splunk_app_add_on_builder/lxml/__init__.py)
10-27-2021 09:17:47.423 -0400 ERROR ModularInputs [21679 MainThread] - <stderr> Introspecting scheme=validation_mi: File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_addon-builder/bin/tabuilder_utility/data_input_util.py", line 10, in <module>

Also, if I run the validation_mi.py manually, I get the following syntax error in the part of the code the returns exit code 0 (as per the Splunk GUI message and Splunk _internal log events)

% python /opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_addon-builder/bin/validation_mi.py          

File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_addon-builder/bin/validation_mi.py", line 139

print(hlp % sys.argv[0], file=sys.stderr)

^

SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Here is the snippet of code in validation_my.py where the error occ

def usage():
"""
Print usage of this binary
"""

hlp = "%s --scheme|--validate-arguments|-h"
print(hlp % sys.argv[0], file=sys.stderr)
sys.exit(1)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...