All Apps and Add-ons

[Splunk Stream and NetScaler Appflow] No data forwarded to ad hoc SH or indexers.

edwardrose
Contributor

Hello All,

We were using Splunk_TA_ipfix to collect the NetScaler Appflow logs and send them to our index cluster. With the release of Splunk_TA_citrix_netscaler 7.0.1, it states to collect Appflow logs using Splunk Stream. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Here is my distributed environment:

2 Non-Clustered ADHOC SH
1 Non-Clustered ES SH
13 Node Index cluster

I installed the NetScaler TA on all SHs and all indexers
I installed Stream one of my ADHOC SH that is not busy
I installed Stream TA on a heavy forwarder that was configured to receive data Appflow data when ipfix TA was installed.

Splunk_TA_stream configuration files:

streamforward.conf:

[streamfwd]
netflowReceiver.0.ip = 0.0.0.0
netflowReceiver.0.port = 4739
netflowReceiver.0.protocol = udp
netflowReceiver.0.decoder = netflow

inputs.conf:

[streamfwd://streamfwd]
splunk_stream_app_location = https://adhoc_sh_1:8000/en-us/custom/splunk_app_stream/
stream_forwarder_id =
disabled = 0

I do not see any data being forwarded to the ad hoc SH nor do I see any data being sent to the indexers for the NetScaler appflow sourcetype. The instructions for collect IPFIX/APPFLOW are as about as clear as mud on a moonless night on a cloudy night in the middle of winter. I know I do not have the inputs setup properly and I am not sure what else I have wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ed

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...