All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk ODBC 32-bit on Windows 7 64-bit

asohahn_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I have installed Splunk ODBC 32-bit on Windows 7 64-bit.
Installation was fine but when I try to configure DSN, an error was occured.

Saying...

The setup routines for the Splunk ODBC
Driver ODBC driver could not be loaded
due to system error code 126: The
specified module could not be found.
(C:\Program Files (x86)\Splunk ODBC
Driver\lib\SplunkDSII.dll).

But that file exists at that exact location.
Since my Office is 32-bit, is there any workarounds to use Splunk ODBC 32-bit on 64-bit OS?

Tags (1)

skylasam_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Please capture traces and email them to devinfo@splunk.com so that we can investigate further.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Splunk ODBC Driver\Driver
set LogLevel to 5 and LogPath to a valid directory such as "c:" (without quotes) and then run the repro.

0 Karma

kbluech
Engager

It's not made any log. But, I am trace the LOG with ODBC driver Trace log. I will email. Thank you.

0 Karma

kbluech
Engager

Yes, but it's not make any log files when excute ODBC(Excel Microsoft Query and Tableau 32bit)in the LogPath DIR.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Splunk ODBC Driver\Driver]
"ErrorMessagesPath"="C:\Program Files (x86)\Splunk ODBC Driver\ErrorMessages"
"LogLevel"="5"
"LogPath"="C:\Temp"

0 Karma

kbluech
Engager

I Have same Issue that Tableau(32bit) and Excel(32bit) has ERROR "SQL_HANDLE_ENV with SQLAllocHandle"

On my Windows 7 64bit, C++ x86,Splunk ODBC Driver(32bit)

0 Karma

ywu_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

It seems that you are using a VM, so this might be a permission issue involving remote desktop. Please refer to the follow page for a solution. Let us know if that solves the problem or not.

http://dbcrusade.blogspot.com/2007/10/oracle-odbc-drivers-sqlallochandle-on.html

ywu_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

To track this down, could you please capture traces? To get it, set LogLevel to 5 and LogPath to a valid directory such as "c:\" (without quotes).

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Splunk ODBC Driver\Driver

0 Karma

asohahn_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I'm not using remote desktop. I'm accessing my Windows 7 VM directly from VirtualBox console. Tried to follow the steps described on the link but didn't work due to different OS. Thanks anyway.

0 Karma

skylasam_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi Asohahn,
When do you get this error - "Driver's SQLAllocHandle on SQL_HANDLE_ENV failed."? Please provide the steps that you're doing in Excel.

0 Karma

asohahn_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Open Excel > Data > From Other Sources > From Microsoft Query > Splunk ODBC > OK

I get the message right after clicking OK.

0 Karma

abrown_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hey Asohahn,
I believe that if you're using a 32-bit application, you need to install the 32 bit C++ redistributable. Take a look at this and let me know if it helps:

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/ODBC/latest/UseODBC/Prerequisites

asohahn_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Thanks for your answer.
The error message has gone after re-installing 32bit C++ redistributable.

But another problem has occurred. Saying...

"Driver's SQLAllocHandle on SQL_HANDLE_ENV failed."

I've created a fresh new Windows 7 64-bit machine on my VirtualBox followed by installing 32bit MS Office 2010, 32bit C++ redistributable, Splunk ODBC 32-bit and tested again but had no luck.

Both tested on remote machine (another VM with Splunk 6 installed under same subnet) and localhost.

Tested turning off splunkd SSL in order to access through http instead of https.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This fixed the problem for me.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I get the same error message on Windows Server 2008 R2.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...