All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Enterprise 6.2 Overview

MartinMcNutt
Communicator

Not really a question but I did find dashImage.png in the 6.2 overview app.

I wasn't going to ask a question but .... What the heck is it!

I feel like my server has been violated somehow.

1 Solution

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Well, Splunk loves its ponies. Consider it an easter egg.

View solution in original post

sandeep_thosar
Explorer

Hi,

I ahve download Splunk 6.2 Trial version from below URL. I hav one question is this trial version support all splunk 6.2 features including KVstore.

http://www.splunk.com/view/splunk-introduces-splunk-enterprise-6-2/SP-CAAANJR

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sandeep

0 Karma

sandeep_thosar
Explorer

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I have already installed the splunk from url which you provide but i cannot able to explore KVstore feature and received error. so my question is with the help of this license can i able to explore kvstore lookup.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sandeep

0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This is a known issue in Splunk Enterprise 6.2 (SPL-92740). KV store should be available under the free license. This defect will be fixed in a forthcoming maintenance release.

See http://answers.splunk.com/answers/186493/does-kv-store-run-in-the-free-license.html, where someone already asked this.

Also...sandeep_thosar: your question is really a new question, not a follow-up to this thread. In the future, please create a new posting when you have a new question.

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Well, Splunk loves its ponies. Consider it an easter egg.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...