All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk DB Connect 2: Why am I getting "No rpc server enabled" running a dbxquery?

pierre_weg
Path Finder

Hi all!

I'm trying to set up the Splunk DB Connect 2 App.
I have a valid user that can make a select operation on a particular table, tested via SQL directly.
If I try the same query using the "Query" tab on my Connection, using "Advanced query mode" the App returns:

External search command 'dbxquery' returned error code 1. Script output = " ERROR "Exception at ""/opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/bin/dbxquery.py"", line 123 : No rpc server enabled" "

Can anyone help me?

0 Karma

brucewpa

is there any python version need?

0 Karma

vprisiajni_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The version that comes with Splunk is the baseline. This issue does not reside with the python script itself but rather with an incorrectly enabled inputs.conf flag as seen in the below answer.

0 Karma

vprisiajni_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Can you check the following path/stanza and verify that the disabled flag is set to 0?

%SPLUNK_HOME/etc/users/admin/splunk_app_db_connect/local/inputs.conf

[rpcstart://default]

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Check your SQL server logs for more details...

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms187885(v=sql.105).aspx

Are there any attempts to connect as the username you have provided db connect 2 with?

If so, then surely there is an error associated with the connection. What is the error?

If no records exists in SQL log, are there any in eventvwr.msc? Try application,system, and security logs. You're looking for any activity coming from the splunk server that has db connect.

0 Karma

pierre_weg
Path Finder

It's an Oracle 12c database, but I will check the logs and come back with the news.

0 Karma

pierre_weg
Path Finder

I look the Oracle log files (alert.log) and network (listener.log) but no errors was found at the connection moment.

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Are there any attempts to connect as the username you have provided dbconnect2?

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Same question here: https://answers.splunk.com/answers/332897/error-python-db-connect.html

Not answered yet though.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...