All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure: Why does the app menu only display "Additional Resources"?

rtwelsh
Loves-to-Learn

I've followed the install manual for the Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure. I see data coming in from the Splunk Add-on for Microsoft Windows and from AD. However, when I installed the App itself, restarted Splunk, and then clicked the app in Splunk web, it only displays links to documentation under "Additional Resources". There are no menu bar options available. No intro wizard runs. I do see and can open the Splunk Support for Active Directory, which was part of the install process. Two things:

I deployed the Splunk Add-on for Microsoft Windows DNS, but I didn't turn on debug logging on the DNS server (wasn't ready to do that yet). I assumed that would just limit the data coming in/made available.

When I installed the Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure itself, I did nothing with the other folders that were part of the unzipped .tgz file: \appserver, \grayskull, \js, \static.

Any ideas why the app itself isn't functioning and where I've gone wrong? Thanks.

0 Karma

rfielding

The "Troubleshoot the Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure" topic actually discusses this, although pretty far down the document:

Dashboards fail to load after upgrading the app or Splunk
Enterprise
If you experience an
issue where some dashboard panels or
menus fail to load after you upgrade
either Splunk Enterprise or the Splunk
App for Windows Infrastructure, clear
your web browser's cache, log out of
Splunk Enterprise, then log back in.
This should fix the problem.

This fixed my problem and I've gone on to configure the applications.

0 Karma

rfielding

Did you ever find an answer to this? I'm in the middle of the same thing now.

0 Karma

r0bertj

So do we know what to do with these folders?
\appserver, \grayskull, \js, \static

0 Karma

r0bertj

Same issue I'm having, I wish someone could document this a little better.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If the documentation is lacking, submit a comment at the bottom of the on-line documentation page. The Splunk docs team is good about making updates based on suggestions from readers.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...