All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk App for VMware: "The minimum free disk space (5000MB) reached for /home/splunkadmin/opt/splunk/var/run/splunk/dispatch"

radhikamh

Hello,

I have deployed Splunk app for vmware appliance. I get this message while searching -

Search not executed: The minimum free disk space (5000MB) reached for /home/splunkadmin/opt/splunk/var/run/splunk/dispatch. user=admin.

I did see there were some messages posted on this behavior, just want to confirm what is the solution for vapp appliance.
I really appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Radhika

0 Karma

esix_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Are you getting this on the DCN, or Search Head?

If you are getting this on the SH, you need to check your FS and make sure you have enough free space. By default, 5gb is the minimum space required for for Splunk to index and dispatch/run jobs. You can tune this in $splunk_home$/etc/system/local/server.conf

[diskUsage]
minFreeSpace = 4000

This value is in mb.

But you should be careful, less then 5gb free on a production box isnt ideal...

0 Karma

radhikamh

Hi,

Splunk vmware app is acting as a data collection node. I have allocated 20GB space, atleast 18GB is still free/unused.

Thanks,
Radhika

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...