All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk App for Active Directory - Group Policy Changes Error

stepmmx
Path Finder

Hello,
I have the following problem:

When I open the "Group Policy Changes" dashboard, I get the following error: "External search command 'ldapfetch' returned error code 255."

I switched the Perl loglevel to DEBUG and see this message in perl.log:
2012/07/30 10:29:21 pid=200 prio=FATAL file=C:\Tools\Splunk\etc\apps\Splunk_for_ActiveDirectory\bin\ldapfetch.pl line=38 method=main::DIE_handler msg="DH: Can't locate object method "tell" via package "IO::Handle" at Splunk/Intersplunk.pm line 303, line 9."

The other "Change Mgmt" Dashboards are working correctly.

The documentation states: "In order to remain cross-platform, the command uses Perl as a scripting language." Hmm, the result is, that this app officially only supports Linux OS. Great :(((

Nevertheless, I try to install the app under Windows OS.
I would suggest, that the next time, you wish to remain cross-platform, you chosse the "right" programming language (Java?)

The configuration of the Perl environment consumes 80% of the time, you need to install the app 😞

0 Karma
1 Solution

ahall_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Sorry - only just got to this. v1.1 is out now and totally revamps the LDAP calls that are needed to run this. Can you please re-check the problem?

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ahall_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Sorry - only just got to this. v1.1 is out now and totally revamps the LDAP calls that are needed to run this. Can you please re-check the problem?

0 Karma

stepmmx
Path Finder

it works now 🙂
Thanks for the support!

0 Karma

jnoga
Explorer

I wonder if this will be fixed in 1.1??

0 Karma

Drainy
Champion

Hold tight, your prayers may be answered shortly 🙂

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...