All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk App for AWS: Proxy error reading from remote server

mlevsh
Builder

We installed Splunk Add-on for AWS and Splunk App for AWS. While it seems that we were able to configure Add-on for AWS and get some data (for aws::cloudtrail) - we are getting the error while trying to configure App for AWS:

Proxy Error: The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server , couldn't handle the request POST/en-US/splunkd/_raw/servicesNS/nobody/splunk_app_aws/saas-aws/splunk_app_aws_aws_accounts. Reason: Error reading from remote server.

For Splunk add-on for AWS there was an option to enable proxy server and there is no such option for Splunk app for AWS.
Any advice on a work around?

0 Karma

gjanders
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Which version are you using? I'm running 5.0.2 and have no proxy configuration in the main app, I do have proxy configuration in the Amazon TA and I have no errors like this.

The mentioned URL looks like it cannot access your local Splunk instance which I would assume would normally bypass your proxy...

0 Karma

mlevsh
Builder

@garethatiag - using 5.0.2
We have proxy in Amazon TA as well, still not working

0 Karma

gjanders
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Have a look at:

ls /opt/splunk/var/log/splunk/splunk_ta_aws_*

That should give you a hint of what is going wrong and where...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...