All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk App For Infrastructure nix data into Splunk Cloud collectd Error 7

stuartcooney
Loves-to-Learn

absolutely getting nowhere with this. 

Tried running the auto-generated scripts and creating the install manually and getting the same results.

Getting  write splunk plugin: curl_easy_perform failed to connect to colart.splunkcloud.com:8088 with status 7: Couldn't connect to server

Made sure collectd.conf is correct:

<Plugin write_splunk>
server "my splunk cloud URL"
port "8088"
token "My HEC token"
ssl true
verifyssl false
Dimension "entity_type:nix_host"

Can anyone help?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

stuartcooney
Loves-to-Learn

seeing this in splunkd.log also: 

The TCP output processor has paused the data flow. Forwarding to host_dest=inputs1."my splunk cloud URL" inside output group splunkcloud from host_src="my host" has been blocked for blocked_seconds=200. This can stall the data flow towards index ing and other network outputs. Review the receiving system's health in the Splunk Monitoring Console. It is probably not accepting data.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...