All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Add-on for Microsoft Windows: Why are several Windows log fields missing from "Selected Fields"?

yelloworb

I have a single Splunk light search head. I noticed EventCode and other windows log fields are missing from "Selected Fields."

So I enabled Splunk Add-on for Microsoft Windows. Still not shown.
All fields show are;
host, index, linecount, source, sourcetype, and splunk_server.

Do I need further configuration?

0 Karma
1 Solution

Richfez
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I suspect you are displaying results in 'Fast' mode, which doesn't do all the work to find/display the fields like that. You can change it by a drop-down under your "Time" dropdown. It probably says 'Fast' or 'Smart' (where mine in the below example already showed 'Verbose Mode'.)

Smart, Fast or Verbose mode

You will want to pick "Verbose" then rerun your search.

You may be interested in a free e-learning course from Splunk: the Splunk Tutorial. I'm not positive it covers fast vs. verbose mode, but it has lots of useful "getting started" nuggets in it.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Richfez
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I suspect you are displaying results in 'Fast' mode, which doesn't do all the work to find/display the fields like that. You can change it by a drop-down under your "Time" dropdown. It probably says 'Fast' or 'Smart' (where mine in the below example already showed 'Verbose Mode'.)

Smart, Fast or Verbose mode

You will want to pick "Verbose" then rerun your search.

You may be interested in a free e-learning course from Splunk: the Splunk Tutorial. I'm not positive it covers fast vs. verbose mode, but it has lots of useful "getting started" nuggets in it.

0 Karma

yelloworb

Thank you so much for your answer. I started the Tutorial you mentioned, which is very helpful! It did refer to the "verbose Mode," hinted for more fields.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...