All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Add-on for Google Cloud Platform: When will there be a 6.5.0 compatible version of this add-on?

jchamb
Explorer

When will this be updated to utilize 6.5.0? I upgraded to 6.5.0 and did not realize this add-on wasn't supported yet. Can't add credentials or anything.

1 Solution

jchamb
Explorer

I got around it by putting the add-on on a 6.4 heavy forwarder and then just forwarded directly to my 6.5 instance. Clunky but at least it worked.

View solution in original post

jchamb
Explorer

I got around it by putting the add-on on a 6.4 heavy forwarder and then just forwarded directly to my 6.5 instance. Clunky but at least it worked.

jalward
Explorer

Thank you. This is what I've deployed until Splunk gets the add-on itself fixed.

0 Karma

jalward
Explorer

2nd this! Add-on was working fine in 6.4.1, credentials worked and was indexing data. Upgraded our on-prem enterprise to 6.5.1 and now when Splunk loads I get script error alert messages and no data indexes. Credentials still work because if I try to add a new input it still populates the drop-downs with my correct Google Cloud project info and valid monitoring metrics.

I've had a support case open for 20 days now with no headway.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...