All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Add-on for Cisco Meraki: API Error 400 Bad Request 'productType is not applicable to this network'

smukai
Engager

When I try to use Splunk Add-on for Cisco Meraki for my Access Points I get this API error in the logs:

meraki.exceptions.APIError: networks, getNetworkEvents - 400 Bad Request, {'errors': ['productType is not applicable to this network']}

My Meraki organization has three networks, and only one of them has productTypes = "wireless", so when the add-on iterates through my networks, it aborts when it hits a network that has no matching productType, and the add-on is unable to retrieve events from my wireless network.

Please advise how to fix this. Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

dtsariapkin
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @smukai@Albrto 

There's a known issue was discovered in one of the Support cases for the add-on. That if you have several network types like Wireless, Firewall and so on. The add-on won't handle that properly. There's a fixed version of the code already in testing and should be out soon in upcoming release (update) of the Add-On. 

If that's crucial to get the temporary fix already now. You can open a support ticket, they might be able to get you a fixed code. 

Dmitrii T.

View solution in original post

dtsariapkin
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @jdefreitas @nealym215 @smukai @Albrto  and everyone who stumbles upon the issue accidentally,

The new version 1.1.0 of the Splunk Meraki Add-On has been released where this issue has been addressed. 
Thank you all! 

Dmitrii T.

dtsariapkin
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @smukai@Albrto 

There's a known issue was discovered in one of the Support cases for the add-on. That if you have several network types like Wireless, Firewall and so on. The add-on won't handle that properly. There's a fixed version of the code already in testing and should be out soon in upcoming release (update) of the Add-On. 

If that's crucial to get the temporary fix already now. You can open a support ticket, they might be able to get you a fixed code. 

Dmitrii T.

jdefreitas

Hi,

I have the exact same issue. You mention that there is an update that will fix this  problem in development, is there any workaround in the meantime?

0 Karma

nealym215
Observer

Hello,

Any update on fix from 3 week ago? Is there an eta for this fix? 

0 Karma

smukai
Engager

That is great news! Thank you for letting us know.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

Albrto

Same error here... 

0 Karma

dtsariapkin
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hello @Albrto and everyone else,

1) The issue has a fixed code. To obtain a fixed code please contact Splunk Support so they can provide it to You. 

2) It is now officially been added on the release notes https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/AddOns/released/Meraki/Releasenotes

3) I know it is planned for 1.1.0 release of the add-on. But there's no ETA on it. 

To try and explain why no eta. Add-ons do not follow the same release cadence as the Splunk itself. The release of it purely depends when developer or developers would be ready to release it. 

Dmitrii T.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...