All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Add-on Builder: Why is the App Pre-certification validation giving me error: "Login to the App Certification service failed. Verify your username and password and try again"?

sschall13
Explorer

Hi,

I created an add-on using the Splunk Add-on Builder which pulls data from an API and maps it to the CIM, and I can't get the App Pre-certification validation to work. I've checked and double checked my login information and it's definitely correct, but keep getting the error: "Login to the App Certification service failed. Verify your username and password and try again". My browser is not on a proxy and all other validation options work fine (Best Practice, CIM Mapping, and Field Extraction).

Thanks for the help!

0 Karma
1 Solution

gwang_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

When you configure the username password information on the add-on builder configuration page, can you see a message saying that your credential pass the test? The message should locate beside the save button. Or, you can use the test button to test your username password credential.

What is the testing results?

View solution in original post

0 Karma

gwang_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

When you configure the username password information on the add-on builder configuration page, can you see a message saying that your credential pass the test? The message should locate beside the save button. Or, you can use the test button to test your username password credential.

What is the testing results?

0 Karma

sschall13
Explorer

On the add-on builder configuration page, I was getting the following message when I hit the Test button: "Login to the App Certification service failed. Verify your username and password and try again." I was using the credentials I used to log into my local Splunk instance (admin and my personal password). I tried the credentials for my Splunk Answers account and the APP Pre-certification validation worked, so the problem has been resolved! Thanks again for the help!

0 Karma

gwang_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Glad to know that. The app pre certification service validate your splunk.com user credential. 🙂

0 Karma

ehaddad_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

what do you get when you run: index=_internal validation source="*builder_ta_builder.log" error

0 Karma

sschall13
Explorer

I get about 10 debug results because the following line is commented out in my data collection code: "# helper.log_error("log message")\n". Each result starts with:
"2016-11-15 13:07:04,491 DEBUG pid=4474 tid=CP WSGIServer Thread-14 file=builder_ta_input.py:generate_input_module_content:603 | Generate the input module: modinput_vars:[u'why_label'], global_vars:None,..." and is quite long. Unfortunately I can't paste the whole message here because the content is not publically disclosable, but there do not appear to be any actual errors listed. Is that enough information for you to further assess the situation?

Thanks again for your assistance ehaddad!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...