All Apps and Add-ons

Some devices are not indexing, after upgrade 10.5.

jean_tomaz
Explorer

Hi. Some devices are not indexing, after upgrade 10.5.
I saw that when disable the app, my devices begin indexing.
Ex: Devices like Cisco Catalyst 6500.

Can you help-me ?

0 Karma

mikaelbje
Motivator

Hi,
Sounds like your events are indexing, but not matched correctly by the regex.
Cou*ld you please do the following:
- Identify the device that is not matched
- Search it using index=* host=HOSTNAME_OF_DEVICE
- Send me the raw event that was not matched so that I can investigate it further

The input you have provided me so far is not enough alone to troubleshoot your issue, so always include a sample log event.

Mikael

jean_tomaz
Explorer

Perfect. Now is running correctly!!!
Thanks! 😃

0 Karma

mikaelbje
Motivator

So change your user/role to search the ios index by default, then you won't have to specify index=ios
Please remember to vote the answer

0 Karma

jean_tomaz
Explorer

Ok,the search index=ios sourcetype=cisco:ios is running correctly. This search showed all devices events.

0 Karma

mikaelbje
Motivator

Ok, so please try the following search:

index=ios sourcetype=cisco:ios

Does that return anything?

0 Karma

jean_tomaz
Explorer

I have installed the Technology Add-on. Search using index=* host=HOSTNAME_OF_DEVICE is running correctly, after reboot my server. Using search index=ios are showed the devices. But, using search sourcetype="cisco:ios" is not running.
I have devices with sourcetype="syslog". When disable the APP Cisco IOS, my devices are showed in the search sourcetype="syslog".

0 Karma

mikaelbje
Motivator

Ok, I tested your events against the regex and they match.

Could you please provide a screenshot of the whole search window?
Did you install the Technology Add-On?
Did you make sure your user/role searches in the ios index by default?

0 Karma

jean_tomaz
Explorer

Dear, Mikael.
The raw events are below.

Apr 9 17:20:30 192.168.10.251 170: 000145: Apr 9 17:20:34.451 GMT-3: %PARSER-5-CFGLOGLOGGEDCMD: User:admin logged command:shutdown Apr 9 17:20:30 192.168.10.251 169: 000144: Apr 9 17:20:34.447 GMT-3: %PARSER-5-CFGLOGLOGGEDCMD: User:admin logged command:shutdown Apr 9 17:20:24 192.168.10.251 168: 000143: Apr 9 17:20:28.691 GMT-3: %PARSER-5-CFGLOGLOGGEDCMD: User:admin logged command:switchport mode access Apr 9 16:06:58 192.168.10.251 157: 000132: Apr 9 16:07:04.059 GMT-3: %SYS-5-CONFIG_I: Configured from console by admin on vty0 (192.168.10.111)

[]'s

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...