All Apps and Add-ons

Slideshow: Is it possible to define user input?

rapmancz
Explorer

I would like to use 4 dashboards with user inputs for Slideshow, it works fine for default values.

But I would like to create next slideshows (will be displayed on different screens) with other fixed values in user inputs. Is it/will it be possible? The user inputs are 2 dropdown menu, one selects text and second selects timerange

Thank you.

0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion

It isn't supported yet. I have a solution in mind and a ticket to cover the work here: http://lukemurphey.net/issues/1600.

Basically, I would add the ability to enter a custom URL. The custom URL could include a dashboard and its parameters. Splunk will automatically run a dashboard when the URL includes form parameters even if the dashboard is not set to autorun (provided it includes a time-range picker). Thus, being able to add a custom URL should make this work as you desire.

This feature is currently planned for the next minor feature release (2.5).

Update:
This was released in version 2.5. Download it here: https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/1799/

0 Karma

rapmancz
Explorer

Hello, any news regarding this feature request?

0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion

Yeah, it has been supported since January. Sorry, I didn't mention it here. I usually try to post back on the answers posts but I missed this one.

0 Karma

rapmancz
Explorer

still I did not find the option in updated slideshow app...

0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion

You should see a "Add Custom URL..." button under the list of views. Make sure to clear your browser cache after updating the app if you don't see it.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...