All Apps and Add-ons

Schedule Recurring Suppression using Alert Manager

KARANMALHOTRA
Path Finder

Hello,

I am using Alert Manager to handle all alerts being created in my Splunk instance. And I am able to create Suppression Rules for a specific time slot using the Suppression menu provided in the app.

Current Suppression looks like:
Match Type ALL
$result.host$ is MYSERVER123
_time > 1518867000
_time < 1518944400

I have some servers and applications which only need to be monitored from 8am to 10pm on a daily basis as they are powered off outside office hours. With the current implementation, I have to set up a single suppression rule for each day.

Is there a way to provide this schedule in Splunk/Alert Manager so that alerts are suppressed in a specific duration.

Splunk v7.0.0
Alert Manager v2.2.2

Thanks!

0 Karma

KARANMALHOTRA
Path Finder

We could not find a way to do it via Alert Manager. So we created an external script to resolve the alerts after creation.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...

Adoption of Infrastructure Monitoring at Splunk

Splunk's Growth Engineering team showcases one of their first Splunk product adoption-Splunk Infrastructure ...

Modern way of developing distributed application using OTel

Recently, I had the opportunity to work on a complex microservice using Spring boot and Quarkus to develop a ...