All Apps and Add-ons

Requires license feature='Auth' [Create User]

mrburnwal
Engager

I'm getting this issue when I'm trying to create a user in Splunk Enterprise free version. Help me guys how to solve this issue occurring to me?

Thank you.

Labels (3)
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

you cannot create users on free version. There is only one user (admin) without authentication. See mor from https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.2.4/Admin/MoreaboutSplunkFree

r. Ismo

0 Karma

mrburnwal
Engager

Thank you @isoutamo for reply. I made a mistake writing question. I have trial version not free one. Does this version have feature for creating user?

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Haven't used trial for quite some time but if I remeber correctly, the trial version had all the features of a single-instance splunk server (so no clustering, separate search heads and so on) just time-limited. Unless something changed lately.

Are you sure your trial period hadn't ended and the server didn't revert to the free version?

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.2.4/Admin/TypesofSplunklicenses

"The Enterprise Trial license gives access to all Splunk Enterprise features."

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Actually trial contains cluster license, but not remote LM. You could use it for testing all features which it contains incl. clustering.

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Won't argue here. It's just that the licensing website says that trial is meant for single instance installation. Maybe those features are included but not meant to be used (after all it's just to try the software out, not make a fully blown multi-tiered installations).

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
I haven’t those instances on my hand, but based on that error message and what I remember, also those are missing that license feature.
Basically you could check available features from internal log where splunk writes those when it starts.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...