All Apps and Add-ons

Receiving JSON error while trying to set up a connection to MQTT Modular Input app

martyncdna

Can someone give me an idea what this error message means in relation to the MQTT Modular Input?

10-23-2017 12:29:59.378 +1100 ERROR JsonLineBreaker - JSON StreamId:12467227541764018490 had parsing error:Unexpected character: ':' - data_source="mqtt://VM1", data_host="Libellium", data_sourcetype="_json"

Trying to set up a connection to an existing broker.

0 Karma

s2_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I suspect your JSON data does not wrap attribute names and values in double quotes, which is how Splunk expects it to pass json validation. But it's just a guess.

0 Karma

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

That is not an error message from the MQTT Mod Input.

The Splunk sourcetype "_json" , does not like something in your received JSON.

I'd try a custom sourcetype, see what gets indexed and what is possibly malformed in the JSON.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...