All Apps and Add-ons

Protocol Data Inputs: How to configure data inputs via websocket

jingqin

Hi, I try to receive data via websocket. I have a trouble to configure data into via websocket by using PDI. I use wscat to validate my websocket API. But in the splunkd.log, I see a Name or service not known Error. Can someone help me on it?

alt text

0 Karma

Afolabi0
Observer

Did you get this working? 

How were you able to install a Websocket client in splunk? 

Tags (1)
0 Karma

FPreiato

I'm trying to do the exact same thing, from TIBCO Mashery to Splunk via wss. Did you find a solution or a workaround?

0 Karma

PavelP
Motivator

Hello @FPreiato,

a general java troubleshooting for the "UnknownHostException: name or service not known" error is to check if the hosts file contains the hostname: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/33028842/unknownhostexception-name-or-service-not-known

Let me know if it worked for you!

0 Karma

wfskmoney
Path Finder

This would interesting to know, thanks for the question

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...