All Apps and Add-ons

No new input type as "Google Spreadsheet" after install Google Import/Export?

henliu

I am not getting input type as "Google Spreadsheet" after install Google Import/Export and having the below message on Splunk manager. Anyone see this error before?

Unable to initialize modular input "google_spreadsheet" defined inside the app "google_drive": Introspecting scheme=google_spreadsheet: script running failed (exited with code 1).

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

LukeMurphey
Champion

This is caused by an incompatibility with the GoogleAppsForSplunk app. I have a fix in place that is working but I want to run more tests to verify it before releasing it. I'm planning on releasing a fix in version 1.0.1 very soon.

See here for details: http://lukemurphey.net/issues/1281

Update:
Version 1.0.1 was released with a fix that allows it to run on the same host as the GoogleAppsForSplunk app.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Stanfill

@LukeMurphey 

we are using the most up to date version of the App in Splunk Cloud, I updated the setup object and removed the href line and changed dashboard=true, this is now allowing me to view the setup dashboard and upload our service account key. The only issue that remains, is not being able to see the Data Input -> Google Spreadsheet. 

I did a test install on our HF and could see the input there, but not in our cloud instance. We do have other Google Apps/Add-Ons installed in our cloud instance, so I wonder if the original issue re-manifested itself? 
@LukeMurphey - we'd really appreciate the help! 

0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion

This is caused by an incompatibility with the GoogleAppsForSplunk app. I have a fix in place that is working but I want to run more tests to verify it before releasing it. I'm planning on releasing a fix in version 1.0.1 very soon.

See here for details: http://lukemurphey.net/issues/1281

Update:
Version 1.0.1 was released with a fix that allows it to run on the same host as the GoogleAppsForSplunk app.

0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion

Can you look in the logs in the internal index for a traceback? That should help me narrow down the problem.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...