All Apps and Add-ons

Netflow Integrator on Universal Forwarder

raziasaduddin
Path Finder

I cannot get this to work. I had it working on a PoC box, but now I have a dedicated Forwader, indexer, and search head.

I suppose it is because there is no Python on a forwarder. What should I do? I want to run it on the forwarder so it can load balance netflow to my indexers.

I copied the netflow folder, changed the server.cfg to use port 2055, and restarted the forwarder. I dont see the nfc_svr.exe running. I even tried running it manually with no luck. I tired all the cmd and vbs files. No luck. Will the keep alive python scripts be the ones that ensure it is running while splunk is up?

Thanks!

0 Karma

NetFlow_Logic
Contributor

You should be able to run NetFlow Integrator on a forwarder, and you don't need Python for that.

Make sure you have administrative privileges!

You can start NetFlow Integrator from

\netflow\bin\flowintegrator_windows\bin

with this command:

flowintegrator start

Then make sure it is running:

flowintegrator status

You should see:

NetFlow Integrator is running < 21288="">.

If you need any additional assistance, or have question, feel free to contact us at: https://netflowlogic.zendesk.com/home

0 Karma

NetFlow_Logic
Contributor

Hello raziasaduddin - Can you open a request here at: https://netflowlogic.zendesk.com/home or contact us at: support@netflowlogic.com - I would like to see if we can setup a secure remote webex with you so we can take a look.

Thanks!

0 Karma

raziasaduddin
Path Finder

I tried that and it still wont start.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...