All Apps and Add-ons

Is Palo Alto Networks App version 4.2.1 compatible with Splunk 6.3.1?

wsnyder2
Path Finder

We are currently running Palo Alto Networks App version 4.2.1 with Splunk 6.2.2.
We are thinking of upgrading to Splunk 6.3.1.
Do we need to upgrade Palo Alto Networks App first?

0 Karma

kchamplin_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hey @wsnyder2 you do not need to upgrade the Palo Alto App first for it to work with 6.3.1 (provided it was configured properly in your Splunk 6.2 environment) .
That said, with the release of the v.5.0.0 of the Palo Alto Networks for Splunk app there is now an upgrade guide:
http://pansplunk.readthedocs.org/en/latest/upgrade.html
Highlights are that there is now a TA (Technology Add-On) bundled with the app - this makes deployment more flexible. That said read the upgrade guide thoroughly as there changes like which index the TA writes to by default (no more "pan_logs" index).
Are you also an Enterprise Security user?

0 Karma

btorresgil
Builder

Hello. App version 4.2.1 should work fine with Splunk 6.3.x. However, it hasn't specifically been tested. App version 4.2.2 and 5.0.0 have been fully tested with Splunk 6.3.x.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...