All Apps and Add-ons

I can't find scheduling.. (ML Toolkit)

mps123456
Explorer

Hello,

I’ve found a problem for using ‘ML Toolkit’.(This may be a problem that is specific to my computer.)

The problem is that I can’t find any tabs like ‘alerts ‘or ‘scheduled trainings’ in my Experiments.

I can see only ‘Edit Title and Description’ and ‘Delete’ tabs.

But, I could find tabs like ‘alerts ‘or ‘scheduled trainings’ in someone else’s

What sould I do to solve this?

Thanks.

astein_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi

There are currently (MLTK 3.2) two workflows - one is the legacy Assistant workflow (found under legacy in the menu bar along the top) and the other is under the "Experiments" tab.

The Legacy Assistants no longer have a schedule or alert button, but may be updated in future releases.

When you click on an example in the Showcase, you are taken to a legacy Assistant workflow, so there will be no Alert or Schedule option. You can of course take the SPL from the Assistant and build your own.

In Experiments, if you follow the new workflow, you have the option to create and manage alerts and retraining (Scheduled Searches) as laid out in our docs : http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/MLApp/3.2.0/User/Experiments

Does that help? Can you give a little more detail on which workflow you are using?

0 Karma

mps123456
Explorer

Thanks for your answer!

But i have already done like you teach me..
Create alert and schedule training buttons in Manage tab are not activated...

What should i do to activate buttons?

0 Karma

grana_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You need to save your experiments before creating an alert or scheduling a training on experiment.

Steps would be :
- Save your experiment
- It will take you to a listing page
- You can click on Manage button to create alerts or schedule trainings on experiments as shown below

alt text

0 Karma

mps123456
Explorer

Thanks! But create alert and schedule training buttons are not activated...

I have already done like your teaching

0 Karma

rgchandrasekara
Observer

Yes, Same issue i'm also facing. If anyone got resolution, pls help. Even though we successfully save after that manage dropdown showing only 2 options, missing schedule training and alerting.

rgchandrasekara_1-1607080574860.png

0 Karma

asheppard_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I know it's a little late but for anyone else having this issue, if there's no SPL in your experiment when saved then the option for creating an alert won't appear.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...