All Apps and Add-ons

How to set up SMS alerts to individual phone numbers based on a lookup

adrianrepublic
Explorer

We have a lookup table that contains IDs for specific devices grouped by location IDs. This has been working great for emailing alerts when specific thresholds trigger alerts.

However we want to be able to trigger sms messages when an alert for a individual location ID takes place.

We find that we can set this up with the TWILLIO alert action but we can only specify one phone number.

Is there a way to do this using VictorOps, Twillio or is a modular script the best method?

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try using sendalert command:

| sendalert <twillio/find right name for your alert action from alert_actions.conf file> <other arguments>

If you want to map with lookup and send message to specific contacts then you can use similar logic as you used to with email or something similar to below.

https://community.splunk.com/t5/Splunk-Search/How-to-use-the-sendemail-command-to-send-an-email-to-d... 

I hope this helps!!!

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...