All Apps and Add-ons

How to replicate dashboards in the Tenable Network Security PVS App for Splunk?

ccsfdave
Builder

Greetings,

I am trying to replicate the dashboards found in the Tenable PVS environment. First, this is the dashboard I am after:

alt text

Note the IPs are top 10 and the colors are the severity.

From the data, I have this chart which I think gets me close, but for it to work, I would have to sort by Critical, then by High, then Medium, etc and then take the top 10 IP addresses.

index=pvs | chart count(eval(PVS_risk="CRITICAL")) AS CRITICAL , count(eval(PVS_risk="HIGH")) AS HIGH, count(eval(PVS_risk="MEDIUM")) AS MEDIUM, count(eval(PVS_risk="LOW")) AS LOW, count(eval(PVS_risk="INFO")) AS INFO, count(eval(PVS_risk="NONE")) AS NONE  by src

Can anyone offer any pointers or similar dashboards I may be able to leverage?

BTW, I have the PVS app configured and all the dashes displaying, but I wanted to get ALL of the PVS dashboards into Splunk.

Thanks!

0 Karma
1 Solution

mokuso
Explorer

If you want to sort by severity and not total events, try this:

index=pvs | chart count(eval(PVS_risk="CRITICAL")) AS CRITICAL , count(eval(PVS_risk="HIGH")) AS HIGH, count(eval(PVS_risk="MEDIUM")) AS MEDIUM, count(eval(PVS_risk="LOW")) AS LOW, count(eval(PVS_risk="INFO")) AS INFO, count(eval(PVS_risk="NONE")) AS NONE by src | sort 10 - CRITICAL,HIGH,MEDIUM,LOW,INFO

View solution in original post

mokuso
Explorer

If you want to sort by severity and not total events, try this:

index=pvs | chart count(eval(PVS_risk="CRITICAL")) AS CRITICAL , count(eval(PVS_risk="HIGH")) AS HIGH, count(eval(PVS_risk="MEDIUM")) AS MEDIUM, count(eval(PVS_risk="LOW")) AS LOW, count(eval(PVS_risk="INFO")) AS INFO, count(eval(PVS_risk="NONE")) AS NONE by src | sort 10 - CRITICAL,HIGH,MEDIUM,LOW,INFO

ccsfdave
Builder

I think you got it mokuso. I did some testing with removing variables from the sort and am now sure I understand how it is working. Though the Infos and Nones dwarft the rest of my stats, I could choose to remove those from earlier in the search.

Anyway, thanks so much!

Dave

0 Karma

mokuso
Explorer

Hi Dave,

The pvs app is due for an update. I'm planning to add several new dashboards and a dedicated index by default. Is there anything else you'd like to see for the next release?

0 Karma

ccsfdave
Builder

Hi @mokuso

I have replicated all the dashboards in splunk except for the ones that extract the OS and Application. I just couldn't get the regex right. But those two are nice to haves. Anyway, I passed on your question for the next release to the lead on PVS over here and he seems happy with what we have but if you would like to have a more open conversation or like us to beta test, drop me a line at david (dot) geller (at) sfgov (dot) org. OH BTW, on the "replicated" dashboards, I added host, sourcetype (internal or external) and a time picker. So those are improvements on the PVS canned dashes as well.
Thanks,

Dave

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

Try this

index=pvs | chart count as requests count(eval(PVS_risk="CRITICAL")) AS CRITICAL , count(eval(PVS_risk="HIGH")) AS HIGH, count(eval(PVS_risk="MEDIUM")) AS MEDIUM, count(eval(PVS_risk="LOW")) AS LOW, count(eval(PVS_risk="INFO")) AS INFO, count(eval(PVS_risk="NONE")) AS NONE by src | sort 10 - requests
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...