I am getting data from database using Splunk DB Connect, the data is stored in Arabic and needs to be encoded in Splunk.
I have edited props.conf with the character set configuration as below, but the data still appear
I tried all below configurations
I got into the same issue with names being retrieved correctly from the DB but not being properly indexed. After some digging I found that I had some extra parameters to the JVM Options, restart the Task Server (JAVA) and everything was back to normal again.
The JVM options are:
This worked in my case. Hopefully that will help you. Maybe in your case should be some Arabic CHARSET.
please note that the right mapping (character set ) needed is "windows-1265" which will map the Arabic massage correctly when being input from external database
after looking/searching in the documentation i found only the below codes:
so any suggestion please