All Apps and Add-ons

How is CustomeBehavior module working model is?

lionel319
Explorer

why is My application.js doesn't seem to work as intended?

I had my application.js look like this

Sideview.utils.declareCustomBehavior("NullModule", function(module)  {
    module.onContextChange  = function()  {
        alert("Haha");
    }
});

And then I have my view xml look like this:-

<module name="Table">
    <module name="CustomeBehaviour">
        <param name="customBehaviour">NullModule</param>
    </module>
</module>

When I click at the table row data, it doesn’t pop up an alert box.
Am I missing something here?

1 Solution

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

There are a couple typos here. CustomBehaviour has the english spelling whereas I'm afraid the app uses the american spelling - CustomBehavior. Also you have an extra e in one of them.

Aside from that, if you only just created an application.js file, you'll have to restart splunkWeb for it to get picked up.

And a third possibility is simply that you have to clear your browser cache. SplunkWeb has a very aggressive cacheing policy for static files, and while there are mechanisms in place to ensure that app-upgrade and splunk-upgrade scenarios never actually experience browser-cache issues, for app-developers and splunk admins tinkering with these static files, you have to constantly be on the lookout for them.

Also, you probably know this but when you put a module downstream from a Table module, and you're not using Table Embedding, then it will only ever receive a "push" (in technical terms, onContextChange will only fire...) when the user clicks on one of the Table rows.

View solution in original post

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

There are a couple typos here. CustomBehaviour has the english spelling whereas I'm afraid the app uses the american spelling - CustomBehavior. Also you have an extra e in one of them.

Aside from that, if you only just created an application.js file, you'll have to restart splunkWeb for it to get picked up.

And a third possibility is simply that you have to clear your browser cache. SplunkWeb has a very aggressive cacheing policy for static files, and while there are mechanisms in place to ensure that app-upgrade and splunk-upgrade scenarios never actually experience browser-cache issues, for app-developers and splunk admins tinkering with these static files, you have to constantly be on the lookout for them.

Also, you probably know this but when you put a module downstream from a Table module, and you're not using Table Embedding, then it will only ever receive a "push" (in technical terms, onContextChange will only fire...) when the user clicks on one of the Table rows.

lionel319
Explorer

Ahhhh. Thank you so much. It works after i cleared my cache 🙂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...