All Apps and Add-ons

Google Map View Event Click

aelliott
Motivator

I am attempting to add custom popups when clicking one the markers on a Google map using the web framework and am so far unable to get to the click event for the markers.

What event do I need to use to get to these markers?

I attempted through JavaScript only and using django as well.

I am referring to the "Google Map View" Here: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/WebFramework
Here are the Google events I am attempting to use: https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/events

0 Karma
1 Solution

ineeman
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

We do not have today a lot of extensibility for the map components. As such, this is not currently possible without writing your map component (which would not be terribly difficult, especially with a library like gmap.js).

We'd love to hear what you would like to see here in the future.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ineeman
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

We do not have today a lot of extensibility for the map components. As such, this is not currently possible without writing your map component (which would not be terribly difficult, especially with a library like gmap.js).

We'd love to hear what you would like to see here in the future.

0 Karma

aelliott
Motivator

Looks like the label event click will be added in the next release.

0 Karma

aelliott
Motivator

I would like..
Events, and a lot more events on everything.. Charts, single, maps.
To change the look of icons on a map based on a value in a search.
To tap into the power of the google maps api.
To be able to modify the on-hover popup html when hovering over charts.
An on label click and an on label hover events in charts.
An on click and on hover event in a single view.
The ability to call the view results dialog from anywhere to open a search for anything.

Of course anything and everything is possible with customized javascript and third party libraries.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...