All Apps and Add-ons

Error when I attempt to install CIsco Networks App: 500 - [HTTP 500] file could not be opened

bbiandov
Path Finder

I get this error when I try to install the app (any other apps that I have installed so far worked just fine):

An error occurred while installing the app: 500 - [HTTP 500] file could not be opened successfully

alt text

1 Solution

mikaelbje
Motivator

Try downloading the app to your computer and use "upload app" instead. If thst doesn't work check that the file is ok by opening it in 7-zip or another archive manager. If it's ok try to manually extract the app to the $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps folder.

By the way I get these 500 errors quite often on all kinds of apps, and I handle a lot of Splunk installs for various clients. Manual extraction is what I usually do. That way I have complete control over what gets replaced too. If i.e. a lookup is changed and you tick Upgrade app you may be left with lots of old unused lookup files in the app because they're not automatically deleted when upgrading.

View solution in original post

mikaelbje
Motivator

Try downloading the app to your computer and use "upload app" instead. If thst doesn't work check that the file is ok by opening it in 7-zip or another archive manager. If it's ok try to manually extract the app to the $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps folder.

By the way I get these 500 errors quite often on all kinds of apps, and I handle a lot of Splunk installs for various clients. Manual extraction is what I usually do. That way I have complete control over what gets replaced too. If i.e. a lookup is changed and you tick Upgrade app you may be left with lots of old unused lookup files in the app because they're not automatically deleted when upgrading.

bbiandov
Path Finder

@mikaelbje thank you. That worked. Downloaded both cisco-networks-add-on-for-splunk-enterprise_221.zip and cisco-networks-app-for-splunk-enterprise_221.zip by hand and then uploaded them and it took 🙂

Thank you!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...