All Apps and Add-ons

Error in 'dbxquery' command: External search command exited unexpectedly with non-zero error code 1

rapmancz
Explorer

Hello, I am getting "Error in 'dbxquery' command: External search command exited unexpectedly with non-zero error code 1."  for every search in Splunk DB connect app.  Already configured inputs are indexed, but when I try to run any searches by hand, I always get this failure. I can not also add any new input.

I am using Splunk DB connect 3.4.2 with MySQL database.  The data is indexed so I am sure the connection is working, I can also select image.png

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

thuhuongle
Explorer

Hi,
I have faces the same error with version 3.4.0. After verification installed drivers  (JDBC connetion and java home path). We did upgrade to 3.6.0 and restart Splunk. Problem resoved.

0 Karma

AshChakor
Path Finder

I am getting same error after upgrading  to Splunk 8.1.3 version. we don't have commands.conf under local. Any suggestions please? 

Thanks in advance!

0 Karma

rahmatn
Path Finder

Have you find it under default ? 

0 Karma

rahmatn
Path Finder

in my case just put "#" in front of

[dbxquery]

filename = java.path

in local/commands.conf

FreelanceRob
Engager

Solved! Thank you very much!

0 Karma

martaBenedetti
Path Finder

Same problem, worked for me!

Thanks a lot rahmatn!

0 Karma

resmungo
Explorer

Same here. Thank you!

0 Karma

hpbrand
Explorer

Hi, had the same problem.  After weeks of troubleshooting I found following entry under default/commands.conf

####### uncomment following lines to revert dbxquery to 3.2.0 version
# [dbxquery]
# run_in_preview = false
# filename = java.path
# chunked = true
# command.arg.1 = -Dlogback.configurationFile=../config/command_logback.xml
# command.arg.2 = -DDBX_COMMAND_LOG_LEVEL=INFO
# command.arg.3 = -cp
# command.arg.4 = ../jars/dbxquery.jar
# command.arg.5 = com.splunk.dbx.command.DbxQueryCommand

Gave it  a try and copied all over to local/commands.conf and it works.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...