All Apps and Add-ons

Do we still support the App of Eventgen?

kyoshiike
Explorer

Folks,

I tried to install Eventgen, however I looked no working after install instruction of GitHub. (Download from splunkbase and upload it into web UI and enabled.) My splunk is 9.0.4.1 on my windows laptop for testing.

Does anyone gove me advice, where should I check active .conf file or where I can see this app is correctly working.

Labels (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Did you configure the app? (no, I don't have much experience with it but you said about installation only and it seems the app needs configuring afterwards).

View solution in original post

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Did you configure the app? (no, I don't have much experience with it but you said about installation only and it seems the app needs configuring afterwards).

kyoshiike
Explorer

Document said we don't need configure when we install this App through UI.

http://splunk.github.io/eventgen/SETUP.html#install

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

No. This document says that if you install eventgen as an app from splunkbase you can simply manage it as any other modular input.

So after installation you have to add input which will generate your data.

kyoshiike
Explorer

Oh, I see. Thanks for correcting my missunderstandings.

0 Karma

nicopelletier39
Explorer

Did you succeed to make it work ? because i have some trouble with the tutorial

0 Karma

kyoshiike
Explorer

Yes, it worked.

The point to work this app is two tips in my car, right path in conf file and upload app at installation.

1st one, sample_bundle.zip has sample conf file but it is not right path for related configuration files, so we should adjust it to each installation environment.

2nd one, I don’t know why when I use online installation for this app, I found missing configuration in configuration>data input. I used file upload to do this, it worked good.

I hope this is work for you.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...